Just For You...
Get everything you need to manage your Amberlea experience in one convenient place. Enter your email address, select a role, click SUBMIT and a personalized list of links, files, and webforms will arrive in your email inbox.
WHo uses this form?
Congregation: Find out what is happening at Amberlea. Select, "update your contact information and preferences" to stay in-the-loop with our mailing lists.
Volunteers: Amberlea takes our mission to be hands and feet of Christ in Pickering very seriously. Whether you want to be a volunteer, or want to know the commitment our volunteers make to safety and service, select, "volunteering with Amberlea".
Leaders: The organizers of Amberlea's ministries use the roles "(Amberlea Internal)" to organize and communicate.
Why Use Just4You?
We leverage your email inbox to provide access to files and webforms that may not be accessible to the public. Examples include:
- (FILE) Your photos from Summer Camp and other Amberlea activities
- (WEBFORM) Record dates when you are not available to volunteer
- (WEBFORM) Update events, schedules, and other information published on amberleachurch.ca
We also give you a list of links to resources that are publicly available over the Internet, but not easily related to the specific role.
How Does Just4You Work?
You will never enter a password.
Everyone can select "update your contact information and preferences". For all other roles, the Amberlea website administrator must first associate your email address with the role before you the resources will arrive in your inbox. You cannot assign yourself to roles. However, each email sent to your inbox contains a "contact" form so that you can contact the website administrator to request access.
When you click "SUBMIT" the only output you will see online is a brief message, telling you to check your email. The email should arrive in your inbox almost immediately. If you don't see it, check your SPAM folder.
Your email from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' will contain a link to a custom web page that is just for you. The custom webpage will self destruct after seven days, and contains the following types of items.
- Links to files and webpages have three levels of security
- No security: Examples include publicly shared photos, links to Facebook and other websites on the public internet.
- Access by any Google Account: Amberlea uses Google services to manage event calendars and PDF files. You must be logged in to a Google account in order to invoke these services. It does not matter which Google account.
- Authorized Google Accounts Only: Some files require that you use a Google account that has been specifically authorized to edit the file. The Google sheet that records personal contact information is an example. Even if you have a link to the file from someone else's email, you will get a "permissions error" when you click on the link unless you are logged in to an authorized Google account when you click the link.
- Webforms allow you to update Amberlea records, such as contacts and mailing lists
- After, you click "OK", you will see the confirmation pop-up. This pop-up only confirms that your form was submitted
- Check your email for the message, "Just4You Submission SUCCESS" (or "FAILURE")
Why Does my 'Just4You' web page Expire?
When you create a Just4You email, each web page is valid for seven (7) days. After seven days, you will receive a "404 PAGE NOT FOUND" error when you click the link in your email. To get a new web page, simply return to the Just4You webpage and request another one.
You will find that the content of 'Just4You' changes as Amberlea events change, and your choice to participate in different activities evolve. Refreshing your just4you pages ensures that you are always current.